Wednesday 6 February 2013

My thoughts on the English Patient

For my English project, I've decided to do my inquiry on the English Patient by Michael Ondaatje. I've chosen it because the book name itself immediately caught my attention: it seemed to be a book about love and war. After reading some reviews and doing some research, I found out that most people either really enjoyed it or really hated it. However, I was ready to take that risk, to see how the story unravels and to see which side I would eventually take. I believe that the story takes place in a villa, and is about a women who nurses a burnt patient. The patient presumably was a victim of a plane crash in the deserts to which his life was barely saved. Throughout the story, the patient eventually unravels his story in the war. Through reading the story, I hope to gain a better sense of the true war and also the love between people. I have great hopes in reading this book, I look forward to the lessons that the books hold.

English blk A, Feb 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment