Saturday 16 February 2013

English Patient Thought 4:

It's starting to get interested. I think it's time to confess; at the beginning of the story, I didn't know what I had gotten myself into: the book was outright bizarre for me. However, it's starting to turn very engaging for me. I can't wait to flip the page to see how the relationship between the character develop, and how the English Patient's past will unravel. At the point I am at, Hana has started a romantic relationship with Kip which seems quite odd as I expected her love to be for the patient. Nonetheless, Kip and Hana's relationship seem to be based on the fact that they "need" each other, as in that Hana finds security in Kip, and vice versa. Their relationship was ignited by an incident where Kip needed help to defuse a bomb and Hana risked her life for the both of them. This event further showed the readers Hana's altruistic nature. However at the same time, she seems very cynical too, for example whenever she is with another man alone, she always assumes that he is there for sex. Like when Caravagio touches her on the back, or when she lies with Kip. Though I believe this may have something to do with her past, which the story does not reveal at this point.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good seeing you getting engaged with the novel! Looking forward to seeing your group take action and change the world with your inquiry! Document everything. Take lots of pics as you're performing good. I will request a VIDEO pecha kucha so I can share your video with the whole world.

    ReplyDelete